The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
DEAR FRIENDS THANX, UPDATE TO OUR CAR ACCIDENT,MERCEDES PICS

Dear Friends and Heuer Lovers...

THANKS THANKS THANKS from Iris and Me for all the emails-Messages- SMS and telefon calls from all of you guys & friends too!!!!!!

We both are still under Schock and have only some scars, bruises, hurt knees and of course a great whiplash injurys too !! But we are alife ...what a wonder !!
As a few of you wrote the guardian angels we had are all gone now..... SO IRIS has to drive carefully again ( It wasnt her foult but ......),

What has happened;

A young student girl lost the control over here little red Ford fiesta and drove into the left lane beam barrier , the car was bounced back onto the left fast track lane and the car stud there without lights on behind a long bent corner on the german Autobahn ( how has ever visited germany and has enjoyed these Autobahns know how fast we can drive on them too.)
Well anyway, IRIS drove and had no chance, suddently the red car was infront of our mercedes, standing crossways, on our fast track lane.

I saw RED...then white ( Airbags explosion) then the Mercedes sliddered about 200 meters like a merry-go-round / carrousel, it stopped and we all opened the doors and quickly run behind the beam barriers ... in the next secounds 3 more cars drove trough our accident scaene. luckely nobody more hit any cars or persons.

Then i started to look for the driver of the red ford fiesta... i was 100 % sure that i am looking for a dead body..but suddenly i found the girl, schocked and panicing between the left- over back part of the fiesta and the middle lane beam barrier.... god sake she was alife too...then the hole pocidere ...first medical care ...hospital....police...docs..and so on...

Well my beloved Mercedes E Class 270 CDI Diesel..is a right of ( 37000.- euro damage) !!

/good old german Engineering !! IT WAS LIKE A GERMAN TANK ! The doors still open!

best regards Jasper

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE