The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Pictures of newest watches - 1133G, Diver 100, Silversto

Hi Peter - you have 3 new beauties to add to your amazing collection. One comment to make on the Diver bezel - I know that this example is not shown in the original catalogue but what I have never been able to figure out is why we find this bezel at all.

It is the same graphic design as the first Autavia diver reference 11630P however the finish is now matt and the construction is specifically for the 11063 case. So why did Heuer every make such a bezel? There is no other known Heuer Autavia that would sport such a bezel so the Diver 100 is the most obvious candidate. I would like to propose that this is not the “wrong bezel” but a second execution bezel that never featured in a Heuer catalogue because this coincided with the end of the Autavia and the beginning of the Tag Heuer era. Anyone care to comment?

Regards
Paul
www.heuerworld.com

: Autavia 11063 Diver 100 (With wrong but new bezel!)
:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE