The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: DC did a good article on bezel last year...

His research is certainly better than mine, but I think the conclusion that these are for some post 11063 Diver version might be exciting (another series of classic Autavia lost in the Heuer vaults?) is seems unlikely. From the outside, it seems more likely that at best these were an alternative bezel for the Diver which never sold (good example of this is the Deci bezel for the first execution Autavias - not in any catalog, but 100% Heuer from the period the watch was produced); at worst these are Heuer "service" bezels produced as a replacement for the Diver... that's my guess anyway, and it is a guess.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE