The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Gratuitous Lemania 5100 action *pics* 510.501

Great shots Paul, your camera work is superb.
If I'm honest, I know bugger all about cameras. I've tried to educate myself by asking a couple of guys at work who are into their photography.
I think I would love to get into it, but somehow it just evades me. My camera is a point n shoot Panasonic. It's a few years old now, but it's (from memory, so I might be wrong) a 28mm lens, so wider than a regular compact - probably explains why it's not bad at macro shots. Regular holiday snaps are OK, I've seen better. I think I got lucky with my choice.

Back to watches... those 5100 driven Heuers you have are stunning, they look NOS. I'm not just saying that as a courtesy, I really think they are amazing. I know these watches don't have the typical aura of the Heuer 'racing heritage', but they have something else, something very special about them, a completely different class of Heuers, with a background and design of their own. I'm sure they will become highly valuable in years to come.

Which came 1st... I's be guessing, maybe the 'Military' marked model?

: Hi Stewart - I'm loving those pictures. Great lighting and unusual
: angles. I just invested in a high end compact (Canon G11) for
: one simple reason - it focuses down to 1cm with the lens on wide
: angle. It is not possible to get these angles with a SLR or DSLR
: i.e. macro wide angle as the minimal focal length of a macro is
: 55mm. Aside from that here are two brothers powered by the
: Lemania 5100. The famous Italian Air Force Heuer (A.M.I) and the
: military prototype which as far as I know, is one of very few
: examples known to exist. I have this passion for rare Heuer
: watches and the military prototype certainly falls into that
: category of my collection. Which one came first?
: regards
: Paul
: www.heuerworld.com

:
:

:
:

:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE