The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Question for You, David
In Response To: Watchuwearing Friday.. ()

David:

without a doubt, you are the master of color (and style), in your work and in your watch collecting. so here is the question: when you were customizing / modifying this one, did you consider doing something different with the main time-of-day hands? I am sure that they look great, in the metal, but I was wondering whether you considered some modification / replacement of the hands? would red have been too crazy? yes, they bring together the steel, and the black and the white, but they do look very "60s" and the watch looks much more modern.

if you tell me that they are perfect on this amazing watch, then I will believe you. I am hoping that you can share your thought process on the mods that you made (and that you didn't make).

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Happy Friday all!
:
:
: Cheers,
: David

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE