The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Why So Quiet in Discussing Bonhams-Haslinger Auction ? ? ?

Thanks, Rick. Yes it too a lot of work, putting all this together.

I'm not sure what the level of interest will be in discussing the Haslinger auction, at least in advance of the auction. The various messages about the auction have not generated many replies. There are a few possible explanations for this lack of discussion:

• There's really not too much to discuss; all watches are near perfect, so what is there is discuss? no issues; no flaws . . . just near perfect watches.
  • The "cat and mouse" inherent in the situation . . . that people do not want to discuss watches that they may be bidding on?
  • Maybe people have questions about descriptions or estimates, but hey don't want to discuss this out in the open, as Arno is a long-time participant here?
  • Maybe it's too early, with a little over four weeks until the auction?
  • Some other explanation?

I would be interested in hearing explanations for the discussion of the Haslinger auction being so quiet, at least so far.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Just had the chance to take a good look and it's fantastic!!

: I'm sure lots of work went into it's creation and the result really
: shows it.

: Thanks Jeff.

: Rick
: :
: :

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE