The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Market Now Has Much Better Information
In Response To: Re: Markets inside markets? ()

Well, I'm not sure about the market for the catalogs and books, but we can be certain that the market for the watches is benefiting from more and better information.

Here is a listing for an Autavia 1163 MH, in an early execution.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1970-Vintage-Heuer-Autavia-Chronograph-cal-11-w-Braclet-/250746875651?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item3a61adaf03

Notice that the seller lists the serial number and describes the "flat V", in the word Autavia. Nice that this one also has the 1/70 bracelet, confirming the early 1970 dating.

We would not have seen such detailed information even one or two years ago. I believe that we all benefit from the better information in the market.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I don't think you can read much into an auction catalogue being
: sold on post auction. There's a lot of it goes on.
: Especially when the starting bid is about it's original cost.

: If it fetches a fortune then that's a different matter!

: :

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE