The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Autavia 1163V "Viceroy": Question on Stem

Hi,
Welcome to 'Team Autavia'. Very sorry to hear about your father, he had great taste.

It's fully automatic, but you can wind it clockwise in it's regular 'pushed in' postion. Turning it anti-clockwise does nothing in this position, a bit like pedalling a bike for power and back pedalling does nothing.

The crown pulls out to only 1 position. In this position you can set the time and the date. Move the time forward until the date changes, then rewind the time to about 10 o'clock position (you will hear a faint click) then move the time forward again past the 12 o'clock position, the date will advance again. Repeat (back to 10, forward to 12) for advance the date again, etc etc etc.

Enjoy it

Stewart

: Hello Team-

: Although I have an 1993 S/el quartz chrono and a 2003 Link
: Chronometer chrono, I am new to the Autovia "club",
: having just received an 1163V from my father's estate after his
: sudden death, (fall from horseback riding). I LOVE this watch!
: It's enhanced sentimental value comes from the fact he used it
: to time my high school and college cross-country and track races
: when I competed many years ago. I recently shipped it to TAG
: Heuer's factory in Switzerland for a complete refurbishment and
: cleaning. It took them 3 months but was worth every penny.
: Here's my question: I am unsure how the stem works and I want to
: be careful NOT to pull it out too far. Can anyone tell me what
: the stem fuctions are of this particular watch? Is it used for
: manual winding for a power reserve or just to change the time?
: What are the proper positions for the stem if I need to change
: the time and/or wind it? Thanks so much.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE