The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
7750 Series Research: Montreal & Pasadena.

I've been doing some research into the 7750 Movement Series of Heuers - the Pasadena & Montreal models, including the so-called 'Non-Pasadena and Non-Montreal' models.

Please help me out if anything is incorrect!

Firstly, lets address the 'non' (Non-Pasadena etc) label. This is used widely amongst the Heuer community and has become an accepted way to describe those models that do not have the name printed on the dial. This, in turn has rubbed off into the wider watch community in my mind is a little mis-leading. This isn't a big deal, and I'm not trying to cause a fuss, but I just wanted to get the facts out according to the research from Heuer documentation. I understand that the 'non' label a useful and shorthand way to describe these models, but it suggests that they are not Pasadenas or Montreals, this I feel is not right.

Heuer catalogues clearly label these models by name, even if they are not printed on the dial. THEY ARE Pasadenas and/or Montreals, they simply do not have it printed on the dial.

There are 4 main models (each model available in 'date' or 'day/date', ). They are all identical apart from the case shape/case finishes.

1) 750.501 Concave lip barrel case, Black PVD, Pasadena. (Earlier models had Pasadena on the dial) (In OTD catalogues 1979, 1981 Speciality, 1982 Speciality)
2) 750.503N Concave lip barrel case, circular brush effect S-Steel, Montreal. (Earlier models had Montreal on the dial) (In OTD catalogues 1982 Speciality)
3) 750.503N Convex barrel case, Starburst S-Steel. Montreal. NO NAME ON DIAL IN ANY CATALOGUE, always day/date (OTD catalogue 1977, 1978, 1981 Speciality)
4) 750.501-3 Concave lip barrel case, circular brush effect S-Steel, no name on dial, date. Not seen in any Catalogues on OTD. This is a strange model, as it clearly has the model numbers of a Black Pasadena, but is Stainless Steel, so there is some confusion over it’s name – is it a Pasadena or Montreal? Without a catalogue reference, we don’t know. The OTD table has it listed as a Pasadena, perhaps someone can confirm the designated name for this model.

1, 2, and 4 above have the same cases, just different finishes.

Or, maybe it’s best to go by the case design..

Concave lip barrel case in Black = Pasadena (named & not named on dial)
Concave lip barrel case in brushed S-steel = Montreal (named & not named on dial)
Convex barrel case in starburst S-steel = Montreal (never seen in black, never named on dial)

The odd one out, as it ‘breaks’ the coding of the models above:
Concave lip barrel case in brushed S-steel with same numbers as the Black Pasadena with an added ‘-3’ = Pasadena or Montreal?? (Pasadena in OTD table). Never named on dial.

I'd love to hear you thoughts. If I've made a glaring mistake, please put me straight!

Stewart

Messages In This Thread

7750 Series Research: Montreal & Pasadena.
I Am Dizzy from All This / Hoping for a Reference Table
Re: I Am Dizzy from All This / Hoping for a Reference Table
Re: I have Both a Non Montreal & Heuer Pasadena With Box
Can You Please Send or Post Photos of Non-Montreal . . .
Re: Can You Please Send or Post Photos of Non-Montreal . . . *NM* *PIC*
Re: Can You Please Send or Post Photos of Non-Montreal . . .
Re: Non-Montreal . . .750.501-3 right above the word >
Re: Non-Montreal . . .750.501-3 right above the word >
Timothy: Can We Beg You for the Side View?
Re: Timothy I am trying for you guy's (o; its for Sale Too: *PIC*
Re: Timothy: Can We Beg You for the Side View?
Re: Timothy: Can We Beg You for the Side View?
Re: Timothy: I have one of them too: *PIC*
Re: Timothy: I have one of them too:
Re: Timothy: I was calling mine a No Name Montreal Only>
And this is how...
Re: Can You Please Send or Post Photos of Non-Montreal . . . *PIC*
Re: 7750 Series Research: Montreal & Pasadena.
One Quick Point to Add re the Dials -- Dots and Dashes
Re: One Quick Point to Add re the Dials -- Dots and Dashes
Re: One Quick Point to Add re the Dials -- Dots and Dashes
3-6-9-12 Markers (Dots and Dashes)
Morse code: another confirmation
Re: Morse code: another confirmation
Super Rare "Transitional" Non-Pasadena
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE