The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Chronosport 1970 Catalogue and paraphernalia

I have always found the catalogue section on OTD fascinating and in my early days I spent a lot of time pouring over the details of each catalogue. The Chronosport catalogue from 1970 has its own special delights and recently Laurent mentioned some of these in a great post over at IVHO forum – here is the link:

http://www.vintageheuer.net/index.php?option=com_agora&task=topic&id=419&Itemid=2

Today I received my copy, just over 40 years too late (cant blame Royal Mail for that one). It has some amazing watches including all the Heuer classics (Carrera, Autavia and Camaro), the chronomatics (Carrera, Autavia and Monaco & Breitling), a host of lovely Enicar’s and many more lesser known brands some made especially for the catalogue.

The bonus was all the paraphernalia contained in the inner back page pocket. Most importantly is the UK price list in £sd or L.s.d. (that’s pounds, shillings & pence for the non colonials) as well as a Timing Manual, special offers on Globe Sport range, another sponsored by Castrol, competition entry to win a Mini, details on the Chronosport Service Department and my favourite, Become an Agent for Chronosport: No Risk, No Money Required, Free Sales Kit……….

The results of the trial scheme were quite fantastic. Frankly, everybody was amazed. One agent sold 12 watches in one week and earned himself over £12. He said that all he did was show the catalogue around, and demonstrate to his friends his new Chronosport watch, and the orders (and the money) just rolled in.

Anyone of you interested?

Regards
Paul
www.heuerworld.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE