The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Chronosport cal. 12 pilot watch

Well dug out Peter.

I like some of the other watches in that thread:

is particularly nice. I would say I'd never seen a Bassel before , but I probably saw that thread at the time and just don't recall - though I would have been in Berlin at the time and maybe not checking the site as often. Searching for Bassel doesn't turn up much more once you've excluded "Basel" from the search.... just some 80s quartz throwaway stuff.

Difficult to find much info on Mikado either:

One source suggests these were of Breitling manufacture for sale in Japan by Mikado, but without any concrete references to go on. Kelek later ended up becoming part of Breitling and as Gorgerat had a history of exporting to Japan, it's entirely possible that these Mikados were made by Kelek rather than Breitling. Certainly, Kelek (or JRGK rather) bridges seem to occur more frequently in these other brand watches than, say, Heuer or Breitling marked ones. Kelek also had a penchant for the crazy register markings that we often see on dials that have been refinished as Heuers:

I wonder what the licensing arrangements for the Cal 11/12 were. I think it would make an interesting adjunct to Jeff's article on the movements. There seem to be a lot of manufacturers who end up using it, outside of those who worked on the project originally.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE