The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Have I Gone Crazy! A Yahting watch ;-) *PIC*

Well maybe I have and although I'm still totally addicted to Monacos I've recently been branching out into other Heuers and have completed my Autavia mini collection. But look what I've gone and done now...I have a Carrera too! I think perhaps too much Christmas Port and Armagnac Is to blame, just as well the bottles are almost empty!

On a serious note It was after seeing PG's example some time ago that this became my favourite 70s Carrera dial and so big thanks to Francesco for this beauty. I love the orange contrasts for 15 minute timing (hence the moniker coined by Mark Moss as the Yahting Carrera!) and the dial Is something else. As PG pointed out It's not a sahde of metallic blue replicated by ay other Heuer that I have seen and goes a beautiful colour In the sun (of which there is none in the UK today!). Not the same colour as the 1553B/1153N nor any metallic Monaco.

I guess the inevitable will now happen and although this Is the only 70s Carrera that floats my boat, I can now see me wanting a 60s panda dial Carerra next!

A happy weekend to all...now where is that Port :-)

Cheers

Rich
www.huermonaco.co.uk

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE