The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Camaro redial part 2
In Response To: Camaro redial part 2 ()

A sobering story indeed Peter and one I have harked back to a number of times when people here have been asking about redials.

To give them their due, they have got it much better this time although some tell-tales remain as you point out.

Any refinishing is very much a personal decision. As Ron pointed out in the initial thread, what a collector expects will be very different from what someone inheriting a watch and wanting it to look "like new" expects. "Should I get x,y,z done?" is a question that is often asked and I think only the owner can really answer that for themselves. And I make that very clear in giving any response! Personally, I fall in the "leave it alone for the sake of originality" camp, especially when it comes to redials, which is about the most drastic example of refinishing. Cleaning I can just about deal with, as long as I'm reassured the paint will be untouched.

If it makes you feel any better, I have since seen a worse example of redialling, and to a Chronomatic dial no less!

Messages In This Thread

Camaro redial part 2
Very interesting Peter
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE