The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Hands
In Response To: Hands ()

Amer

Tag would as a matter of course change the hands on it for the same hands (if they have them in stock), why would they replace with different hands? I would suggest (as i said before) that we will never know for sure, but if these were correct hands for a 1133G with black subs then we would see more of them in my opinion.

So we can have opinions but i doubt we will never know for sure, you can have one opinion, i could have another and 3 different people may think something else. In the end all that matters is they look good on the watch and you like them. However as we never see these hands in any literature (relating to Monacos) i think it impossible to know that they are special transitional hands.

All i can say is that i'd rather listen to Derek or to Hans (people who actually were about and handling many Monacos through the 70s and 80s) than listen to Tag Heuer Switzerland who as i say have already authenticated Monacos with re-dials...as being original. I'd respectfually suggest that Derek and Hans are the experts and that perhaps TH in 2010 are not about 1970s pieces.

Does it really matter though? You love your watch (and so do i) and it is likely it can never be proved one way or the other...

Cheers

Rich

PS When they replaced the hands ar service did they replace the second hand? I ask as it is service hand (it is longer than the original Monaco second hand...(also have you a picture of your old hands on your watch i'm interested ot see the original second hand)

Hi Rich
: I send my watch in 2008 to a complete service ,tag Heuer change me
: the Dial (on my request) and the Hands and replace the old Hands
: with the same hands ,but why they didn`t put the normal service
: hands see picture ?????
: cheers
: Amer

:
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE