The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Current purchasing value of Carrera

Hi Albert,
There isn't a rule about quoting prices (not that I'm aware of!). Prices aren't banded around that often because it's a difficult area to get right. It all depends on the watch condition, bracelet or not, serviced etc etc, there are so many variables. Buyers want prices low, sellers high, so it's difficult to pin down. Also, people are reluctant to pin their colours to the mast, as they could be proved 'way off' with any prices.

As a guide, there is a couple of great looking 'barrels' on Chrono24 at the moment, ranging from around £1250 (cal.15) to £2000 (blue cal.12). I'd say that they are well priced. The the blue cal.12 model is more sought after. The cal.15 watch is very very reasonable. Personally I think this is a little on the high side, but as always, if you want it & it'll be with you for years to come, maybe it's worth the money for a lifetimes joy. Of course, this is all IMHO!

Too often I've bought a watch that has seemed cheap, only to realise that I'm going to have it overhauled at great cost.

Cheers, and let us know how you get on!
Stewart

: Guys

: I am suddenly worried: was I allowed to mention prices here? I
: quickly tried to find the forum rules but could not. If I
: transgressed - sorry!

: Albert

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE