The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Mareographe questions

Ciao Albi,

Many thanks for your answer.
The hands question is clear to me now,
are there early and later execution wearing different hands style ?
I am guessing steel hands are early, Bund painted style later, am I guessing right ?

Regarding the sub dial at 9, the way it works is clear now.
Is this sub dial "made" with an integrated part (i.e separated part from the dial which would be attached to the movement and would come in a hole made in the dial) rotating on itself ?
Or is this the needle which rotates as on any regular chrono ?

As it comes to the movement, is it a regular V721 or as I believe is it a modified 721 ?

Also, I've seen engraved case back on these and case back with no engraving, which one is the correct one ?
Again, any variations related to this detail ?

Both yours and David's are absolute beauties and are in my hard drive for many months...

Andrew, would you have a couple of pictures to share ?

cheers, Laurent

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE