The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Thank You!

Thank you David and Stewart. David's reply was my initial response upon seeing it, but like it said, some things on it just didnt quite fit (especially the lack of the red strip on the 12 marker)... Furthermore, the dial is damaged and touched up/repainted dials never quite look the same either...

The measurements are 30mm x 30mm which surprisingly is actually the size of the modern CW and CAW cased Monaco dials. However, the question remains as to why no one has attempted it yet.

Stewart - sadly it is my personal belief that Monaco's should be blue... So the re-issue grey vintage wasnt considered (as the prices here in Australia are far too high). Indeed the genuine is a better choice than a hybrid, so my instincts say just restore the one which I may be obtaining and just save my dollars for a blue 40th anniversary re-issue.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE