The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Nice choice of Autavia
In Response To: Nice choice of Autavia ()

Thanks Darren,
Yes, I'm lucky enough to have got an example which is a sharp and bright as the one in Paul's photo. In fact, I'd be a bit bolder and say it's 'brighter' all around, even the orange hour marking look like new.

Strap choices... good question! It came on a rice grain (which I'm not a big fan of, so it's been removed already).
Currently it is on a vintage Swiss tropic rubber strap, (with the holes) & it looks great, but your suggestion sounds sweet too... can you remember where it was/have a pic?

Stewart

: Big congrats Stewart,
: these Autavia's really do have presence. I hope your's is as bright
: and colourful as Paul's example (fantastic photo's again there
: Paul - you're killing me with jealously with your photography
: skills)
: Which strap / bracelet are you planning to wear this Autavia on? I
: remember someone on the forum showing one of these on a black
: ATG nylon weave strap with orange stitching and i thought that
: was an awesome combo.
: Welcome back from the ski slopes , hopefully your new watch will
: make you happier to return from your trip.
: Cheers - Darren
: -
: -: I've been away for a week strapped to a plank enjoying the sunny

: :

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE