The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
A strange one indeed...
In Response To: strange one... ()

Have you noticed, the subdials don't even appear straight!?!? They slope up to the right. Anyway, a shame indeed for the buyer. As I've said before, I don't understand how, in this day and age, you can pay this sort of money for something that is this bad. Type 'heuer monaco' into Google and RC's Monaco website comes up as the first result. 30 seconds later and you have all the info you need to buy a 'proper' Monaco and keep 5 big ones in your pocket a bit longer. I hope the buyer is as suggested, using it for a project.

Makes me wonder what I'd get for my Monaco, which is by no means perfect, but at least is genuine.

David H

: surely too much for someone doing a dial transplant and way too
: much to spend without doing any research - unless they've money
: to burn of course - in which case i'll be happy to supply them
: with some 'genuine' Heuer memorabilia to complete their
: purchase :-)
: Noticed in the description it does mention a TAG Heuer service
: receipt from over 8 years ago...
: AndyO...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE