The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Agree with Jeff

I too considered this.. and started to form a reply in my mind. I realised, like Jeff that it's all supposition.
I don't think personal preference can be put to one side. You're own likes and dislikes will be the same.

I was on a UK watch forum a month or so back. Someone posted really terrible photos of 3 watches in the sales section.
I looked at them, and I didn't like any of them. They looked like the sort you win at an arcade. Then I saw the asking prices. I can't remember exactly, but one was £250k, another £180K, I forget the other, similar though.

They may well be x100 beter than a Heuer Autavia, but I know what I would have.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The best watch in the world - I'd leave it to the marketing crowd to fight that one out.
Of course, the other answer is - the best watch in the world id the one you want but can't justify the expense. I'm sure we've all been there, bought it anyway, then found another 'best watch in the world'

Stewart

: I started to write an reply, with some thoughts on this
: question. Six or eight lines into the reply, I was already
: exhausted, so I quit. I had mentioned our newly-acquired 2005
: Honda Civic [awesome car], along with the Bugattis, Ferraris and
: Porsches. Then there was a reference to my Citizen quartz watch
: that is accurate to within four seconds per year [awesome
: watch], along with Rolex and Patek.

: I believe that this question cannot be answered, at least without
: some more detailed criteria.

: Jeff

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE