The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
**Heuer Monaco - Design Classic Book** *PIC*

Some of you will already know that over the past year an idea turned into a challenge for me and from this a project developed to produce a book that would provide an overview of the story of the vintage Monacos development and to showcase all 15 original dial variation

The story begins with Project 99, which started as an idea to produce an automatic chronograph long before the late 60s, and the 1969 launch of Heuer Chronomatic watches. It finishes at the end of the 1970s (or early 80s) with the PVD Monaco, which was the last throw of the dice to keep the original Monaco story alive. The story is told in around 5000 words but I did not want to produce a text heavy tome and so I make no claims to have covered every detail in the history of this design classic. What it does cover is all the key development stages, the serial number ranges for each model and the key details for each variant. The 120 pages contain around 130 pictures and my aim was to create part guide and part coffee table book for anyone interested in this iconic piece of design. It also stemmed from my desire for more literature to thumb through as, apart from Arno’s amazing “Heuer Chronographs” book, our beloved Heuers are relatively unloved in printed book form when compared to some other brands.

The book contains some new information and also a full reveal of an early 1133b Transitional model with blue lume, not previously seen to my knowledge, fitting into the timeline between the Chronomatic and the cream lume Transitional. http://www.heuermonaco.co.uk/#/focus-transitional-blue/4546009644

Along the way I had help from several people, notably our good friend Paul Gavin, who supplied about a quarter of the pictures and also offered support and the much needed advice which allowed a rank amateur photographer like myself to produce the remaining pictures! (Paul has some patience, I can tell you!) Also I’d like to offer big thanks across the pond to Morgan King who allowed me to include pictures of two of his best of class Monacos. Last but not least to my Chronomatic cake making wife who put up with me disappearing for many nights and going off piste at weekends to tinker with the lighting set ups and book layout! Will she appreciate me being round more for the rest of the year…? Only time will tell!!

The book is now complete and I will have a limited initial quantity available for delivery in about 2 weeks time. I hope you will like it! Please drop me a line if you would like to add Heuer Monaco Design Classic to your library or click the link below for a small preview.

Best wishes

Richard
http://www.heuermonaco.co.uk/#/the-book/4540061570

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE