The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: How to buy a vintage watch
In Response To: How to buy a vintage watch ()

As a rather newcomer in the Heuer collectors world and a non-professional either, OTD and its Master Reference Table is an unvaluable tool in helping to assess the authenticity and correctness of the watches for sale. If I may, I would suggest that the link between the nice pictures most of the experts have in their library and the references included in the table are established asap. It shoudn't take more than a day or two and would contribute in making the OTD Reference Table, the number one tool in assisting buyers who are less knowledgable than the "experts". Cheers. J-P.

: Ok, so we might all think we know how to do just that, but it
: doesn't mean everybody does and there was a time when none of us
: did.

: So, to help out those who have yet to take the plunge, I thought it
: might be nice if everyone could provide one tip from their
: experiences. Just one mind, it's easy to spill out plenty, but
: please pick one at first and then I'll go round again to see if
: we missed any gems. Might be an idea to offer generic tips
: first, then we can look at specifics in the next round, before
: collating them all at the end. Don't mean to patronise anyone,
: we might all be trading experts by now, I just think we could
: rustle up a nice guide/checklist like this.

: I'll kick off:

: Handle a number of watches before you buy your first one, to
: get a feel for what to expect and look for.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE