The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Relume Decision Worked Out Well: from $7K to $46K

i highly believe the buyer of 46 didi not recognize its relumed...relume is the very last i would do at a watch....off course this watch is different....
and you should put any cent in restorage....

I did only one watch relume in my life....but did not keep it because its never like original....its like you recoat a autavia black pvd...for me ...out of scope

as you said...everbody like he wants....

I also can insure you that offers at 20 keuro currently i consider as very good offers for a chronomatic...
: As "purists", we can choose to keep our watches in
: original / as found condition. Maybe this is the right approach
: for some of us, at least with our "keepers". But from
: the perspective of a seller, this decision to relume the watch
: seems to have been prudent.

: Thoughts? Opinions? Approaches?

: Jeff

: +++++++++++++++++++++++

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE