The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
What a week PLUS more Military Heuers

The forum goes through ups and downs when it comes to activity, posts and general entertainment and this week certainly had it all.

- Amazing Background no 19, 19a and 20 from Francesco – this series has lived up to all expectations with these unique, Spiderman perspectives of New York and the amazing Heuer foreground interest poignantly indicating time and day.
- Carrera Chronomatic dial unearthed and sparking health debate PLUS one of the finest analysis you could ever wish to read by Mark
- David D back from a stint in the dark ages and sporting, quite appropriately, a Big Red (Roles not Silverstone that is).
- Laurent finding yet another stunning watch this time a UG Space Compax with GF bracelet. If I was to make a wish list I would not need to look much further than OTD week 45 – UG Space Compax, Daytona Big Red and most certainly GVM’s Eberhard Contograf.
- Then there was Peter’s Autavia 3646, maybe the finest example you will ever see and of course the reveal of the week, Paolo’s Siffert Chronomatic. OK so it was just over a week ago but something of that magnitude transcends time itself.
- Add some comedy, a spat here and there and even an offer of a book deal to round it all off. This forum is healthier than ever and its content certainly continues to delight, entertain and educate all in one place. Thanks to all the contributors who made this week so special.

It seems hard to beat all that so I can just add a touch more in the way of a recent series of pictures of some military Heuers. I don’t have a particular interest in military history or military watches but I do like something a little unusual when it comes to collecting and these do fit that bill. The list of Heuer’s military watches and customers I know of includes the following: Argentina & Israel (various manual wind and auto Autavia), Germany (1550 SG, Chronosplit), Norway (1550 G), Italy (510.543), Angola (Carrera 110.573 B), Jordan (Carrera 3147N Dato) and Belgium (unique manual Carrera 30). I have also read that they supplied Chile, the Royal Navy and French Navy but these are unconfirmed and I have not seen any examples. Please feel free to add to the list.
Regards
Paul
www.heuerworld.com

Argentinean Autavia 11630
Italian AMI 510.543

Jordanian Carrera 3147N Dato
Angolan Carrera 110.573B

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE