The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Mark III Speedmaster is still a bit challenging for me

: Interesting John. Where do you stand on Heuer's pocket chronos?

Mark,

I think the Heuer pocket chronos are very elegant looking. My father collected stop watches so somewhere in one of my zillion drawers I know I have some Heuer timers....maybe I will find a pocket chrono among them. I must admit that I do not know much about them. In fact I don't know much about any Swiss pocket watches except to know that when I can get a good deal on one I buy it and sell it. I guess I have to admit that one of my previously mentioned orthodoxies about pocket watches is that the only examples in my collection and what I know are American made watches. I am not in general an American stuff only purist. I love all sorts of precision machines. However, I caught the watch bug from my father who collected and had eyes for only American pocket watches (the timers were his only deviation). The whole idea of American watches as opposed to Swiss watches and the way they were made and the machines and factories that made them was completely different.

The first wrist watch I ever really loved was an Omega Moon Watch...maybe 15 years ago. I am really starting to like the Heuers. Coming here it is hard not to.

Cheers

JohnCote
www.interstatetime.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE