The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Correlation =! Cause
In Response To: Re: Bracelet Heuer ?? ()

So because you bought an NSA marked bracelet and put a Zodiac clasp on it, the Heuer marked one Eric shows must have had the same happen? I don't really appreciate the question then, given you knew the answer I don't think it's in particularly good faith.

We've seen Heuer marked NSA bracelets, we've seen them with NSA branding, other manufacturers and we've also seen some sterile ones, though those may be copies.

Let's deal in facts. That jubilee style bracelet was supplied as original for some of the barrel Carreras - here is a 110.571 on one from a 1977 catalogue:

So this style bracelet was definitely used by Heuer, and in the timescale of the Jarama launch too. Which leads us to think, hmmm, what are the Jaramas on in that same brochure. And the answer is:

I therefore have to conclude that the bracelet is in fact original!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE