The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Space Compax
In Response To: Thanks for this Great Overview ()

The Space Compax is a later Valjoux 72 powered version of the Compax - in its time, really a bit of a marketing gimmick, with rubber coated pushers and a different case from the regular Compax. Near as I can tell, it exists in two executions, and mirrors the design language of the later two executions of the Polerouter Sub, another darned attractive model line.

The Space Compax is highly sought after, so no surprise it is also rather aggressively faked. NOS spare parts have occasionally been sold on eBay (there was a spate of these last summer), and are assembled into faux Space Compaxes of variable fidelity to the real thing. These have infiltrated the market rather thoroughly - buyer beware.

: Lou:

: Thanks for this fantastic overview . . . exactly what I had in
: mind.

: Later today, or perhaps this evening, I will ask some more focused
: questions about some specific models.

: One quick question: What about the Space Compax? Where does it come
: in the line-up?

: More later!! Thanks again!!

: Jeff

: +++++++++++++++++++++

:

: :

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE