The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
What makes OTD such a pleasant place.. (FAO: DD)

With all the stories of ebay dishonesty kicking around at the moment, I thought I'd offer a counterbalance - that is the generosity, trust and general hearty goodness you get with this little corner of the internet we call OTD.

I got an email from our own Mr. Devos a while back, asking where he could get hold of one of my Heuer mugs. (After reading a thread by Paul- I'd sent him one too) I don't sell them, they are just printed up one at a time, for my own use. I have sent a few out to those that have helped me in the past etc. So, I told David I'd send him one.. he mailed back asking how much to pay me.. he innocently misunderstood.. I didn't want payment. In the past, David has helped me out numerous times with info etc, plus I bought a rather nice AMI Heuer from him last year, so I was more than happy to send him one 'on the house' as it were.

It arrived surprisingly quickly for basic trans-Atlantic airmail, and in one piece - so both I and David were happy bunnies.. But that's not where the story ends.. David decided to return the favour, and a few days ago, I received one of his beautiful handcrafted straps! David suggested it would go well on my PVD Carrera 510.. which I didn't have at hand. I did have a Black/White Autavia on my wrist, so I strapped it on just for fun, knowing it wouldn't really match the watch - how wrong I was.. it is superb, and I've been wearing it like that since. The photo doesn't even do it justice, it is so much better on the wrist. What makes it special isn't that it is well crafted (it is), it's because it goes beyond monetary value - it is a gift of generosity and kindness, that I wasn't expecting.

Anyway - David.. I just wanted to say a big thank you for your generosity, it's things like this that make this place such a pleasant place to be. I did email you, but I haven't heard back yet - So, just in case you thought I was being ungrateful, I thought I'd post up here just in case you didn't get my mail.. anyway - THANKS!! You are a 'gentleman and a scholar', as we say around these parts.

It has started to pick up a nice patina through wear & handling already, it's beautifully supple, and, by coincidence, the positioning of the buckle holes are spot on for my wrist.. millimeter perfect - honestly!

Cheers
Stewart

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE