The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
A Real Pilots Chronograph

This one was worn by a US pilot during WWII, we became friends when I was 17 and living in Yonkers, NY. I don't really know how old he was or his last name, but I would say he was well in his 70s. One day, before I moved to a different town, he said he wanted to give me something I could remember him by and he gave me this chronograph. Last year I finally had it serviced, hands relumed and its crystal replaced.

I really wish I could just drive by his house and find him working on his car, in his garage, and show him what his good old timepiece looks like now.

Thanks Joe (Giuseppe)

Have a great Memorial Day!

Darwin

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE