The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Please tell me about my 2446

Foxy,
We've been discussing the various dials of the 2446c recently, and managed to redefine a lot of the 'mess' around the 2446's. Currently on OTDs info pages, the 2446 & 2446C's are grouped together, with many dial variations.

We have banged out a simplified version, and I believe Jeff is going to update his pages when he gets time.
Anyway, I digress.. The upshot is that the 2446C (not including screw back models), has 2 dial variants. Yours is the first, which should have thinner sub dial hands, and a White central chrono hand. It also has ridged hour batons and 'plain' main hands. The second dial variation is the 'red' with red central chrono hand, thicker sub dial hands and red accents on the hour outer track. The hour batons are the tramline type with black inserts, as do the main hands.

Hope that helps.

Stewart

: Just to be clear, Jasper only serviced the watch, he didn't polish
: it or do anything else, what you see is how it looked when I
: bought it. I wanted it to retain the 'used' look!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE