The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: I can never quite figure out..

I completely agree JC. Sure, bike racing has a healthy fan base, but it's F1 that gets the limelight and the air-time, but I know which I prefer to watch. These guys are what I would call bat-sh*t insane.
I don't know what it's like in the US, but in the UK, there is little fanfare made about superbike racing on the TV. Every now and then I catch some on, mainly by accident, and it's a pleasure. I caught a race at Laguna Seca, with the corkscrew, and another with a similar corner in Germany I think - amazing stuff. The German circuit had mainly left curves leading to a right curve, so the right side of the tyre is cooler - so famous for the bikes sliding. They still entered the corner at full beans.
Mental.

Stewart

: Stewart,

: You have asked the question of the ages. The Indy Car guys have
: huge balls to go around this basically flat track at almost
: 230/370 but these MOTO guys have even bigger stones.

: It is not going to rain this weekend....I love to shoot them
: leaning into the corners in the rain.

: JC

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE