The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Good results Lanny - Do you have a Wok?
In Response To: Re: Get some paper too ()

And sh**tin' 'ell.. you got enough GMT? :0)

You're getting there young Jedi...

I'll be giving way all my trade secrets at this rate.. backdrop is more important that you think, due to reflections from the case. A pale coloured cloth (maybe a white dress shirt with a light pattern) would offer some great reflective light. Include the pocket or cuffs for some texture/interest.
Also, it you want to get into cool backgrounds, use something that is evenly textured, or has a natural pattern - like metal/wood etc. Ever noticed how great pics are when people shoot their watches on a wood garden table etc. For indoor work, try household stuff - an old battered cooking tray, or even a well worn wok/frying pan will look absolutely superb.

Also, a prop to help position the watch is a real benefit - ever noticed how trying to get the watch to sit in the right place is a nightmare? - well, use a prop - like an old belt, coiled up - it lifts the watch off the surface so you get that slightly blurred background, and you can rotate the belt (with watch on top) to get the right angle. (see pic below) - watch sitting on coiled up belt, on an old baking tray..

Stewart

: Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and feedback.

: Pulled out the tripod - huge difference- does anyone use a remote
: shutter trigger?
: I think I next need to work on lighting and background
: Here are some results:

:
:

:
:

:
:

:
:

: Best Regards,
: Lanny

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE