The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Can We Estimate Production of the "Sifferts"?

OK, readers . . . experts and amateurs alike. Here's a multi-part puzzle for all of us:

• What do we estimate total production of the "Siffert" Autavias would have been? Have a look HERE and make your estimate of total production, from the "Mark 1" [Chronomatic] though the "Mark 6" [last version of the Siffert.
  • Over the timeframe of the Siffert production, what is the ratio of production between the Sifferts and the black-dialed Autavias (1163MH)? Remember that we can start the equation with around 5,000 of the black-dialed Viceroys, so the Sifferts will be some (relatively small) fraction of that the total number of black-dialed Autavias.
  • Also keep in mind that production of the black-dialed Autavias (1163, 11630 and 11063) went well beyond the timeframe of the Sifferts. So if you counted all the black-dialed ones and compared that to the number of Sifferts, where do you think we end up? In these questions, let's stick to the true Sifferts, rather than other silver, white or gray dialed Autavias.
I do not know the answer to any of these questions, but am seeking input from the community. I realize that I have not formulated these questions with great precision . . . I am only seeking approximate numbers, and you can feel free to make whatever assumptions or changes to the questions, as you may find appropriate.

Don't you just love "crowd sourcing" information!!

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE