The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Bezel and Retainer for 2446C-1

I found my Autavia after many decades of not looking for it. I got it from my father new in the late 60's. It has been rode hard and put away wet many times, but still works like a champ.

It is missing the bezel and I believe some kind of spring retainer that held the bezel on. It has the stainless watch band with the holes in it that is missing half of the clasp.

The crystal is pretty scratched up as I had it as a young teenager.

Questions:

1. I can get a bezel on Amazon or Ebay which while not ideal would at least let me wear it. How do I go about getting the spring retainer for the bezel?
2. I can get another band for the watch, which again not ideal would let me wear it. Can this original Heuer band be repaired?
3. Have not researched it, but can a new crystal be had? If so, from where?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jon

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE