The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Bezel and Retainer for 2446C-1
In Response To: Bezel and Retainer for 2446C-1 ()

If I were you I'd send the watch for a service, depending on where you are someone on here will be able to advise the best person to go to. Your watch will need a service, even though it works the oil inside will have dried up and using it will start causing damage. Ask on here and someone might have a bezel for your watch. It sounds like you need the complete bezel, not just the insert (which is what you see replacements for on eBay for $70 or $80). Crystals are available. I'm not sure Heuer ever fitted their watches with metal bands with holes in. The cheapest solution would be to fit a good rally strap like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HIRSCH-RALLY-20mm-BLACK-LEATHER-STRAP-for-TAG-HEUER-/270687781637?pt=UK_Jewelery_Watches_Watches_MensWatches_GL&hash=item3f063fc305

Do you have any pictures you can upload so we can have a look?

: I found my Autavia after many decades of not looking for it. I got
: it from my father new in the late 60's. It has been rode hard
: and put away wet many times, but still works like a champ.

: It is missing the bezel and I believe some kind of spring retainer
: that held the bezel on. It has the stainless watch band with the
: holes in it that is missing half of the clasp.

: The crystal is pretty scratched up as I had it as a young teenager.

: Questions:

: 1. I can get a bezel on Amazon or Ebay which while not ideal would
: at least let me wear it. How do I go about getting the spring
: retainer for the bezel?
: 2. I can get another band for the watch, which again not ideal
: would let me wear it. Can this original Heuer band be repaired?
: 3. Have not researched it, but can a new crystal be had? If so,
: from where?

: Thanks in advance for your help.

: Jon

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE