The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Autavia, now Problem
In Response To: Autavia ()

Thanks all for your reassurances. I feel better about my purchase.

But I have another question. Last night before going to bed I realized that my Autavia had stopped. I wound it and it started up again. I just checked the time, and realized that it stopped again this morning at 10:35. I tried to start the chrono, but it wouldn't work. It also feels like it is completely wound and i haven't wound it since last night.

I bought the watch from a jewelery store and they gave it a one year warranty. I will take it back for them to send it out and have their watchmaker fix it. Their watchmaker has his own shop - he doesn't work directly for the jeweler.

Before I do that, does anyone have any other suggestions? Is the 7734 movement something I should be concerned about having just any watchmaker work on?

My other mechanical watches are automatic - this is my first manual. How long should an Autavia last between winds? My other watches will last about two days without wearing them before they stop.

cheers,
Phil

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE