The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I Vote "NO" / Attention Chicagoland Collectors
In Response To: I'm considering a trade... ()

Assuming average variations / scarcity / condition, let's say the black / white Autavia is worth one stack of chips (ten black ones) and the Omega is worth two stacks of chips, so you are trading away three stacks. I estimate the manual-wind "Siffert" is worth about half that (at one and one-half stacks).

Am I missing something??

I know a guy who live near Chicago . . . he is an Omega expert, particularly the pre-moons . . . he also owns a manual wind "Siffert" (and an automatic "Siffert") . . . perhaps he will add his two cents.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: My black/white dial Automatic Autavia, AND my
: Omega pre-moon c. 861 for a manual wind
: 'Siffert'.
: Would this be a good deal?
: I know it's a tough question, but some
: directions would be very welcome.
: Thanks.

: Best regards,

: Bart Thans

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE