The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
another footnote regarding the...

the first auto chrono race. technically the seiko 6139 was seiko's first movement, (third in the race for the first auto chrono movement, sorry seiko) and this one had only 1 register, a lowly 30 minute counter at 6 o clock.

the bullheads and two register up and downs your referring to didn't come out until a little later maybe late 69, and that was the 6138 which replaced the 6139.

personally i consider the cal 11 the winner in announcing first. the el primero maybe a tie or better maybe it should have been called one of the firsts, instead of the first in spanish, lol. also referring to announcement. seiko would be third in announcement, but maybe the first to get the product out to the customers? this is what i have figured based on numerous credible sources and old timers recollections. although i'm always looking for yeahs and nays to this theory, anyone??

either way you did state it quite well in your post! good post, btw, and i liked the use of your hamilton chrono-matic to show the cal 11.

j.h.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE