The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Advice/ Information on 1978 Zenith El P. Pleas

: Hi Guy's,
: I was wondering if I could possibly pick your
: collective brain's!
: I am thinking about a slight departure from the
: usual Heuer theme. I have always liked the
: design of the 1978 Zenith (Movado too), El
: Primero Chrono. -I am sure you know the one,
: BIG and Square.
: All I know is that they are usually found with
: a blue dial, and that around 50 had Black
: dial's.
: -That is it!! (Not really a lot to go on!)
: So, before I go hunting for one, I would love
: some more information if anyone can help?
: Does anyone know how good the movement is?
: What they are like to live with?
: Problem's?
: Parts avalibility?
: History of the model?
: The Values?
: Rarity?
: -Really anything and everything about the
: model!
: I have had a Speedie 125 in the past, is the
: Zenith's size comparable?
: I would be very grateful for any information/
: owners view's.
: Thank you all, yet again!
: Best Wishes,
: Graham.
Hello Graham; if its nioce and its the one you like you got to get it. But please make sure its in good shape and you will always be happy, Better to wait and pay alittle more then get a bucherd up movment.
Now my pet peave is NO Hacking to set the time as with the 7750/5100. Also you must allways remember its vintage and will not be as water tight as a newer model with the same movment. and the newer models have fantastic saphire crystals with UV. Its a smaller movment then the other autos., but is a fast beat and you can see it and hear it if you have a quite place.
Thay are not as easy to service as the 5100s but just as easy to service as a V.J.71 or 2 etc.

Please keep us informed as to your new ownership. you will have a something to be proud of.. But if you really like a hack setting its not ava.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE