The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer Bund Advice Needed

I've had my eye on a Heuer Bund being sold by a respected local dealer (an AD for JLC, Panerai, VC, etc.) who took the watch in on trade. The excellent condition of the watch and what appears to be a service dial indicates to me that the watch has been refurbed by Sinn at some point. I'm no expert in this area, but I believe the case has the expected markings on the back and between the lugs: 3095 at the 12:00 position and 1550 SG at the 6:00 position. The caseback markings are visible in the photo below. I really like the watch but the non-original dial is a bit of a let down for me. The watch originally had an asking price out of line with reality, but I pointed the dealer to some recent sales of similar watches and he has dropped the asking price significantly. Still, I'm wondering what the market value is for such a Bund with a service dial and was hoping those in the know here could advise me. Is a non-original dial a huge detraction from a Bund, or is there some expectation that, given the age of these watches, they will need to be refurbed at some point and may get a dial replacement during the process? Or does it make sense to pass on this particular example and keep my eye out for a Bund with an original '3H' dial, at an undoubtedly higher price?

Thanks in advance.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE