The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Another exotic Autavia 1563 rescued *PIC*

Almost one year ago -- long before the current exotic-mania -- I bought this wreck from the other side of the world:

The purchase went smoothly and I started to plan with Master Abel the restoration, sourcing of missing and false parts, etc..

Yesterday I received this gorgeous watch back from Abel:

I have to praise not only Abel's work on movement, case, dial, and hands, but also the great communication and valuable consultation during the whole process. I had complete control about every aspect and total confidence in the eventual result.

I'm really glad that we both agreed upon this moderate restoration with faded colors. We did not want the original colors back (you can still see the orange color in the chapter ring) but a balanced vintage look. So the dial remained almost untouched, the original luminous material predetermined the colors of the hands.

Thank you, Abel, for finishing this initially not very promising project.

Cheers,

Mick

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE