The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Prototypical High End Guy; Too Cool for Heuer / Us

Yes, I have also given up on him. With these kinds of "PUR" / too-cool-for-Heuer dealers, you send in your inquiry, and some days later get a price that is 1.5 times any sort of prevailing market price. Ask a simple question, and you are waiting for another few days for a nonsensical answer.

There is a group of guys who may be great with the $30K to $100K Rolexes, and beyond, but they know little about the Heuers and seem to just use them to fill the page. . . but they sure do know how to find them!! I imagine that when someone stalls out on the $75,000 Rolex Daytona, the $8,000 Heuer might look like a bargain, even if it is one that should sell in the $5,000 range. Yes, the rich are different, aren't they . . . and a different type of dealer supplies them with their watches.

I'll stick with the WannaBuyAWatch type dealers, every day!!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++

: sadly, it's the way he (seller B) does business...I've given up on
: him...I acknowledge the fact he comes up with nice pieces, but
: Heuer is Heuer, not Rolex or Patek...we all know what they are
: worth...there isn't that much fluctuation in the market!
: Just my .02...
: Cheers,
: D

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE