The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Lume.

: Mark

: The crazy thing is i suspect the paint evapourates when it
: degrades, now that's a neat trick!

: The lume is very unstable in this one, looks like the aftermath of
: an earthquake, so i expect it will fail, although the flight
: over the pond did not make it worse, so there is hope. It looks
: to me that if you were to back fill the lume to stabilise it
: would crumble, so if at some point it fails, it will need a
: relume to a very close match (which i'm sure is possible),
: because even tracking down another original lume set of hands,
: would likely yield a slightly different shade of blue/green.

: Rich

Rich,

Who knows how the lume would react to binder being applied to the rear of the hands in order to stabilise it??, it could work or the lume could crumble like you suggest. Personally i think it would hold, if its held up during transit i'd bet it would be fine ;) I've done it before on other hands that had similair unstable lume.

It would have to be something you give some thought too i suppose, in good news though i have a lume that from my untrained eye is a perfect match ;)

Best,

James.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE