The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Think unknowns are the issue

Buying Monacos on Ebay often ends in lower than market value because of various issues, especially when seller tells buyers there is no serial. I'd suggest worry about dial edges (which often cannot be seen under glass) and lack of serials is issue here which of course impacts values...only natural. Doubt hands have much of an impact here, original if discoloured is not a major issue.

3 transitional Monacos (from one collection) with mint dials and 2 mint (bordering on nos) std production 1133b have sold over guide mint retail values in past 2 weeks so values still strong if seller and watch correct.

What we are seeing (and it's no surprise) is the continued widening of mint pieces, over used, i fully expect this to continue.

Rich
www.heuerpriceguide.com

: Interesting to see eBay showing 14 offers for this one, but no
: bidder willing to pay the $10,500 BuyItNow price.

: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281078205312

: Edges of the dial look pretty clean; issue seems to be the
: condition of the hands . . . they are a strange looking shade,
: with some holes in the lume, as well as some corrosion or dirt
: on the steel.

: I imagine that we will see this one sold for something less than
: the $10,500 BIN price.

: Jeff

: +++++++++++++++++++++

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE