The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Subject line...
In Response To: Subject line... ()

I'm with Peter on this (and have deliberately not retyped the subject line ;) ) and have said it in the past - including all of the previous post, especially when it is a lengthy one with many photos, has much more of an impact on readability (and knocks on to storage and performance) than the subject line.

I change subject line when there is something specific in my reply I want to highlight, or my response might have somehow changed the direction of a discussion but there are times when I simply don't find it necessary.

Quoting an entire post, replete with photos, I don't think is ever necessary - pick the bits you want to address and include those if you like, but don't include the whole thing. Which, unfortunately, is the default behaviour of the software...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE