The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: wonderful find
In Response To: Re: wonderful find ()

Thanks Paul, its a truly impressive watch in the flesh.
I too had the 1962 cut off year in mind prior to falling for this model. Now i dont know my cut off year as i cant nail down the actual production date of this model watch. I had read at one stage of the dimensions and thought "I'll give it a go"! I have not regretted it one bit.
I know you're a confirmed 1st series Carrera fan and this fact alone leads me to believe you will appreciate the model. The link from this model 2447 to the Carrera 2447 is very credible. My model 2447 is larger at 38mm w/o crown which is a bonus as far as i'm concerned but i would point out that the first series Carrera's have a more elegant lug setup.
I am planning to bring one (or both) of these early 2447's the next time we meet up so if you can wait until then then you're welcome to try one of mine on & see if its to your taste.

See you soon enough - Darren

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE