The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Not to Beat a Dead Horse, but . . .

: Could it be a young girl in a design studio, dreaming of working
: for Vogue, just doing her best.
: Could it be that in the rush of producing a catalog someone didn't
: spot it? I've been in publishing, and there's tight budgets and
: tight deadlines.
: Must it be that that Antiquorum needs to rectify the situation,
: fully refund the buyer and try to prevent this from happening
: ever again.

: my 4cents. Jurgen

I have dealt with publishing deadlines as well, and it sucks when you get something wrong in print. But I think the real issue is that an auction house should NOT be retouching photos. Good thing it wasn't a seasoned photoshop expert.
Does anybody here know if the buyer has even taken exception to the picture? It could be that he saw it in person and didn't even notice the retouched picture.

I don't even own or know how to use photoshop, I have to crash my way through using powerpoint. You can see what an expert I am:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE