The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: I agree
In Response To: Photo of Adam's watch ()

I think I would agree with Mark on this and leave the original dial. I think the provenance of it would weaken with a redial, after all I've not seen a decent Heuer redial yet! and with Heuer's it's all about the dials.............I doubt it would be too hard to find a genuine replacement, get the watch up and running (depends on the level of water damage to the movement) with a few other cosmetic bits and then ponder on getting the McLaren lettering put on the replacement dial. The nice big clear photo of the other watch in the original thread shows the sizing, placing and font clearly so I think it could be replicated well. I would then keep the original dial tucked away in its current state.

Time for a WTB over on Chronotrader for a dial and a few other bits to bring this one back, unless we can round some up on here? I've got a correct inner bezel so will drop Adam a message.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE