The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Apparently I was wrong!
In Response To: Why the 'LOL' ? ()

Shows you how fresh I am with this hobby! I would never guess that this watch was authentic. My excuse for this mistake is that I have seen several "franken" Heuer's on eBay in the last few months, and immediately assumed this was another one of them.

I apparently missed this reply from Stewart (thanks for heads up, a bit late, but thanks), until I received an email from Lanny today, who advised me of my mistake. When I came back to write this, I realized that Stewart had commented. So thanks guys for the education, and apologies to anyone that might have been offended.

It's interesting to learn that Heuer made pieces that were not necessarily part of their typical line. Are pieces similar to this in any catalog? I have yet to see a catalog that has these type of random Heuer watches. If they don't exist in a catalog, how does one know the authenticity of such a piece or others? I am not trying to doubt that this is a real piece, but I am wondering how to better educate myself on these type of out of the ordinary watches. Assuming this does not exist, can I suggest, on the OTD website, we have a section under Chronographs, that says "Other Heuer Models". And watches like this, we can be able to build a catalog for. If this type of section does exist on the site, can someone point me to that page, so I can read up and learn some more. Not trying to create extra work for anyone, and I would be happy to help (if I could), but considering this is my "Holy" website to goto for education about Heuer models, I think it would be EXTREMELY helpful. Just my 2 cents.

: I'm not sure what's wrong with it, apart from being a little banged
: up?

: Stewart
: Heuerville

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE