The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Your instinct was right though Carlo
In Response To: Apparently I was wrong! ()

No Worries Carlo,
I have to say.. despite the mistake, your instinct is bang on, and for that you should celebrate.

I don't want to offend anyone who owns one of those, but they are VERY un-Heuer-like.
I'll be honest - I think it is an abomination of a watch, and if I didn't know any better, I too would call it odd/not right/something not 'right' with it.
When you consider some of the sublime designs that Heuer have made over the years, this one is a true 'outlier'.

Heuer seemed to have a couple of 'mad moments' and produced some proper nasty pieces.

Some people can't spot a franken or a fake for love or money, some rely on the tiny details to spot 'bad watches', some tend to have an overall feeling that something isn't right - I fall in that camp, and it seems you do too. It's a great instinct to have, and 'bad' watches can be flagged for further investigation.
Cherish your instinct!

Best
Stewart
Heuerville

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE